- Began heavy documentation.
- Started working on help file, requirements and overall specifications.
- Added new search capability.
- You can now easily find specific files in large archives by searching by the a files name, type or path.
- Improved file / folder selection method.
- When you right click on a file within the file list grid, you will now be prompted as to which directory level you want to select.
If multiple files are right-clicked on you can only select all files within each of there full paths.
- Added low-priority option to most dialogs.
- You can now tell the application to run in low-priority mode in order to save resources for your other applications. This is quite hand when your encrypting large archives and using your computer at the same time.
- Added new "HardKey" support.
- You can now generate "HardKeys" by going to the "Security"->"HardKey Generator" menu option.
HardKeys are large passwords that you can store on your Removable media (such as Thumb Drives and CD’s). They are used in conjunction with a password to add a much greater degree of security to your encrypted package as any attacker would need your encrypted data, your “HardKey” and your password.
- Fixed file-attribute display issue.
- The application was not properly displaying file-attributes in the file list grid. This has been fixed.
- Added blank password support.
- You can now leave the password blank to create an unencrypted archive. This is useful when you want to use SecureArchive as an archive or open distribution tool.
- Added new "Password Strength" checking.
- When encrypting a file, the application will now check the perceived strength of your password. This is based on the passwords length and the types of characters used (Uppercase, Lowercase, Symbols & Numbers).
If your password is unacceptable then you will be prompted as such and will be given a chance to change your password, ignore the warning or change the warning level.